Agate CD Matching Grants Program provided $25,000 cost share financial assistance to landowners to install needed conservation practices.
Twenty seven producers submitted project requests totaling $69,886 cost share funds for total project costs of $147,771.
Fourteen projects were completed and approved for $25,000 total cost share reimbursements. Total Project costs totaled $75793, with landowners providing match. A cap per project of $2500 was applied to allow more landowners to receive assistance.
- Three windbreaks installed for 2,943 feet and benefited 50 acres
- Two Living Snow fences were installed with partnerships from landowners and Elbert County for 4,259 feet on county road for public safety and wind erosion and benefiting 20 acres, 5,750 feet of fencing around windbreaks and living snow fences for protection from livestock damage
- Five solar pumping systems, two livestock tanks, two livestock wells and 7,840 feet of pipeline, benefiting 1,920 acres and providing improved rangeland management especially essential during the drought conditions in the district
- Noxious weed treatment for Canada thistle on 120 acres benefiting 320 acres.
- Total acres benefited were 2,950 acres and 10.9 tons of soil erosion savings.