***Seminar has been cancelled due to not meeting the minimum registration requirements of 10 people***
Double El and Agate Conservation Districts in partnership with Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) are sponsoring a free rangeland seminar August 26th, 2017, from 8:30 am -1:30.
Attendees will gather at 17645 N Calhan Hwy, Calhan, for pasture visit to begin the seminar.
- Pasture tour
- Speaker presentations
- Free Lunch provided by Farm Credit of Southern Colorado
- Demonstration & pasture walk measuring grass growth for grazing management decisions
- Range land conservation practices to improve grazing management
- Rotational grazing roundtable with local ranchers
- Local Work Group session – input to USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service program funding
A local youth, Leah Anderson, will give a rotational grazing presentation that qualified for the National Society of Range Management (SRM) Convention.
Reservations are requested no later than August 21st.
Reservations can be made by calling (719) 541-2359 ext 101, or Contact Us online.
A minimum of 10 participants are required to hold the seminar. Make plans to attend this worthwhile event.