Annual Scholarship Award
The Double El Conservation District (CD) is pleased to announce that it will offer a scholarship award of up to $1500, payable over two years, providing financial assistance to a high school senior attending college, university, junior college or trade school. An award of $500 is given the first year with a renewable option of $1000 for the second year upon verification of a 3.0 GPA for the first year of completed college. An official college transcript is required for the GPA verification.
The Scholarship award will be paid to the appropriate office of the college or university attended. Disbursement of the funds for trade schools will be negotiated with the school by the Double El CD office.
A committee appointed by the Board of Directors of the Double El CD will select the scholarship recipient.
The scholarship winner will be selected on the basis of leadership qualities, high school and community activities, financial need, academic record, character and sincerity.
Eligibility and Application Requirements
- Applicant must be a high school senior.
- Applicant must attend a high school within the boundaries of the Double El CD (Calhan, Miami-Yoder or Simla).
- Applicant will receive points if their parents are cooperators of the Double El CD.
- A high school transcript must accompany the application.
- Two letters of recommendation must accompany the application. One letter must be from a school faculty member who has had the applicant as a student.
- A letter from the applicant to the Double El CD committee must accompany the application. (See item # 10 of the application) This is one of the most important items of the application.
- Application for the scholarship must be postmarked no later than March 23
- Applicant must attend an approved college, university, junior college or trade school.
- The scholarship winner will be announced in May.
- The recipient must notify Double El CD office of acceptance or refusal of the scholarship, in writing, by June 15th of the year received or the scholarship will be passed to an alternate.
Completed application form, including letters of recommendation and high school transcript, must be mailed no later than March 23 to:
Double El Conservation District, P.O. Box 215, Simla, CO 80835 – Attn: Scholarship Committee
You can download Full Scholarship Information and Application here.